(photo credit: Geoffrey Tischman)

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pictures & Paw Painting

Millie and the rest of the crew have all been doing quite well as of late.  She seems to be handling metronomic chemo beautifully & is really enjoying life.  On Thursday the girls (dog girls, not cat girls), myself, Evan and my mom all headed out to Homer Lake to meet a local photographer.  She took pictures of me and the girlies while Evan and my mom did most of the off camera dog handling.  Millie was fairly excited, but Sugar was PUMPED.  She loved sniffing around the lake & thoroughly enjoyed off leash crazy dog time.  I see the proofs on Thursday and can hardly wait!  After 90% of the pictures were done, I let the girls off leash and let them have the opportunity to jump in the lake.  I fully expected Sugar to jump in while Millie stood at the edge and drank her share of giardia water...but surprisingly Millie was all for it.  She waded in like a hippo (of course still drinking the giardia water) & had a fantastic time ignoring the sticks I threw her to "fetch."

Friday evening Millie gave me a bit of a scare.  A few days prior one of the cats had peed on her bed (yes, thank you Hallie or Piper...much appreciated), so her nice big, comfy bed was out of the crate drying.  Instead, she had two blankets as her "bed."  The blankets slide around some, so she isn't incredibly stable in the crate when she's jumping around excitedly.  Well, anyway, Evan let her out & (we think she slipped on the blankets) she came out clearly favoring her rear leg.  I am terrified that the osteosarcoma will spread to that leg.  So, when I saw her I almost instantly burst into tears.  She greeted me, then went to my room and immediately laid down on my bed, clearly unsure of herself.  After a bit of a rest and me alternating between feeling her leg and hugging the daylights out of her, I had her get up.  She walked just fine, so I think she was just taken aback by her slip & lost a little bit of confidence (and maybe pulled something or bruised herself). 

This afternoon the dogs, Evan & I headed over to St. Joseph to celebrate my birthday early & Father's Day since my parents will be going out of town later this week.  I brought along some canvas & paint and the girlies did a little paw painting.  Check it out...

The artist needed a break to search for inspiration.



Millie's finished piece.

Sugar's turn!


Sugar's finished piece!

1 comment: