(photo credit: Geoffrey Tischman)

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cutest Mutt!

Ladies and gentleman....I'd like to announce the "Cutest Mutt" 2012....Millie Lindquist!  As most of you probably already know (thanks to Facebook), I entered Millie into a local contest for "Cutest Mutt."  The Champaign County Humane Society holds an event every year called Mutt Strut.  The event is held at a local park and they have a ton of really fun things for people and dogs to do -- a big group walk around the park, lure course racing, paw painting, and a couple of cute contests (cutest butt wiggle, best kisser, pet and owner look-a-like, and finally cutest mutt).  A few weeks ago I submitted her photo into the contest and asked friends and family to vote for her.  The top five vote getters would have their pictures displayed at the Mutt Strut.  Each picture would have a donation jar, and whoever earned the most money wins.  All donations went directly to Champaign County Humane Society (where I adopted Hallie from).  So, I felt fine with soliciting loved ones for votes.  

We had some stiff competition with one other dog, a really cute Corgi named Channing.  Channing was there, so it's hard not to vote for the cutie that you see walking around.  I decided to leave Mil at home for a couple of reasons -- 1.  I suspected most dogs would be very excited & most owners distracted, so the chances of a non-friendly dog encounter were high.  2.  She's still immunodeficient from chemo, and there is no way to tell the health histories of these dogs. 

At the end of the event they announced all the winners.  The woman doing the counting told me she won by a landslide!  Yahoo!  Thank you to all who voted for her.  All told, she beat 129 other dogs.  What a great boost - financially (we won a gift card for $250 to the store I buy her food from - Prarieland Feeds) & emotionally.  *Yes, I realize this kind of makes me a stage mom*

Nana and Nampa stopped by to contribute (also voting with $ that my G-ma sent in).  
Ahh, I love my supportive family.

Millie & her competition.

And the winner is....


No comments:

Post a Comment