(photo credit: Geoffrey Tischman)

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

4th Round of Chemo

I took this video a few days ago, but you can really see how well Millie is moving these days. 
(Yes, that is Hallie in the background complaining.)


Our morning started much earlier than usual.  Sugar had an upset stomach last night, so we had several emergency walks in the middle of the night.  I also had my alarm set earlier than normal for two reasons -- 1.  I needed to wear a suit to work & 2.  Millie had her fourth round of chemo today.  I drug myself out of bed & gave Millie a Cerenia (anti nausea med) and started my morning routine.  I didn't feel great, but I felt okay enough to keep moving.  When I got to U of I, my stomach was killing me.  They were running behind and said it'd be a few minutes.  Five minutes later & I was throwing up in a trash can in the waiting room....yup, in my suit.  Awesome.  Thank goodness the waiting room was empty & Millie was very well behaved.

At 1:30 I peeled myself out of bed & went to pick Millie up.  I still felt crappy, but felt like I had a reasonable chance of making it out without repeating the morning.  I heard her coming before I saw her.  Well, that isn't exactly true.  I heard, "Millie...wait...Mil...hold on...Millllllllllie."  The poor technician was being drug along by my three legged sled dog of a Mastiff.  She was pumped to see me & in great spirits.  While paying the bill, she was wagging her tail so hard into the desk, it sounded like somebody was using a hammer.  She also solicited petting from the woman next to me.  What a nerd.  The technician told me that her neutrophils were in the normal range today, which is much better than any of us expected (since last time they were quite low).

The afternoon was spent cuddling and sleeping.  She seems to feel great & doesn't appear nauseous at all.  Ugh, we love Cerenia!

Only one more IV chemo treatment to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment