(photo credit: Geoffrey Tischman)

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Time to Brag

Today was a beautiful day outside - cool, but sunny.  I've been a bit stressed this week (for a variety of reasons, but most recently because Hallie started limping on a front foot), and really needed to get some fresh air.  The nice day and the need for some head clearing seemed like a perfect excuse to push Millie to her (our) new distance goal.  I didn't really set out with a goal in mind, but decided instead to see how she did.  Drumroll.....we made it 1.2 miles!  This is huge considering our trip down the street and back is only about a half mile.  

I couldn't be happier and I think we both needed it.  She worked hard to do it, but she had a blast.  She hasn't been on a proper walk since her amputation, and I suspect she had a little cabin fever.

Beautiful Piper seeing us off

 Dandelion fluff is pretty, but is sure tickles your nose and makes you sneeze when you inhale it.

Glamour shots


Oh, and we also tried to eat some pine cones.  Well, I showed them to her, and she really 
felt that a nibble was necessary.  

 I took Mil home for a rest and some water & went back out with Sugar.  Isn't she gorgeous?!

A very nice gentleman got out of this car & asked what kind of dog Sugar was.  I replied, "Oh, she's a mixed breed."  He said, "Oh, that's the name?  Mixbreed?"  Me, "No. No.  She's a mixture of a couple different breeds."  Him, "Oh, so it's called Mixbreed?"  Me, "No.  Dogs of different breeds mated and she was the result, or a mix of a few different breeds."  He left confused.  Now that I think about it, I should have said, "Yes.  She's a Mixbreed.  It's really rare, but they are surprisingly really affordable.  They come in lots of different colors and shapes."  Poor Lil Sexy wasn't smart, but he was very nice & he liked Sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment