(photo credit: Geoffrey Tischman)

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Nampa's Biggest Fan

Millie had another wonderful day out today.  We headed out just before 7am to cheer on Nampa (my dad) and several thousand other runners as they made their way through the Illinois Half Marathon.  As luck would have it, our place was just about half way between mile marker 4 and mile marker 11.  

Millie had a lot of fun things to look at & enjoyed watching runners as they passed by.  When I saw somebody I knew, I'd get very excited & start yelling and ringing the cowbell I brought.  Millie would feed off of my excitement and wag her tail a hundred miles an hour.  

She was exceptionally well behaved, especially considering the crazy things going on around her.  She even got a few drive-by hugs from dog loving runners.  The only real "incident" came when a Bichon surprised her (and me) when it snuck up behind us and jumped on her amputated leg (stump).  Talk about a death wish.  I was able to grab her before the little exuberant fellow became decapitated.  Ahh, lovely unaware owners and those damn flexi leashes...always keeping things interesting.

A little too early for Mil.  She decided to nap until things got interesting.


Go Nampa go!

Cheering on runners at mile marker 11.

1 comment:

  1. There should be a responsibility test before you are allowed to buy flexi-leashes.

    ReplyDelete