(photo credit: Geoffrey Tischman)

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bath Day!

Today was a good day.  I woke up early, made myself a yummy breakfast & spent time lounging on the couch catching up on TV while cuddling with the girlies.  It was such a nice day out I decided that I should finally get to a task I had been putting off for about a week - trimming dog toenails.  I can do it inside, but with all the nail bits flying off in every direction (not to mention Dremel dust), the job is much easier outside.  

Millie has always been excellent for her nails.  One not so secret benefit to three legs -- one less foot to trim!    Sugar hates it with a passion, but knows I won't let her win that war.  

Back inside, I gave them each a marrow bone to keep them busy while I Furminated the cats.  (God bless the Furminator!!)

My girls are opposite in a lot of ways.  Millie is brute force through and through.  She never hides her emotions (read:  will bark like a lunatic or growl at something she's uncertain of), plows through any obstacle in her way, and never apologizes for any of it.  Sugar is careful to show what she's feeling (read:  rather than bark or growl, she just goes for a bite), thinks through challenges, and carefully side steps around any people or animals in her way.  Watching just a simple clip of them chewing on their bones, and you can see a glimpse of their personalities.  Mil is going at it like she'll never eat again & Sugar is carefully licking it, savoring every moment.  


Here is Mil getting herself in the tub.  I want to let her try to learn how to navigate on three legs, but I don't want her to lose confidence.  So, after a little bit of trying, I decided to help a sister out.


She may not look like it here, but Shugs loves baths just as much as Millie.

The cats...are not big fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment