(photo credit: Geoffrey Tischman)

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sunny Afternoon & Friends

Following the amputation, there are moments where I honestly think Millie still thinks she has four legs.  She will roll onto her hip, throw her stump in the air and go to town trying to scratch her ear.  After a few minutes, she looks at me, tries again....and then the cycle continues.  This makes me a little sad, so I always try to help her out.  I scratch her face, neck, ears, shoulder & then see how she responds.  If she's still itchy, we give it another try.  One thing I LOVE to see her do is to "bury" her poop.  When she had four legs, immediately after pooping, she would use both back legs to dig up 14 tons of dirt (not so cute).  She still makes the motion with her nub & I love every second of it.  I was finally able to capture it on video.  Take a look at that smug face.  There isn't one ounce of her body that thinks things are any different now.  


This afternoon was so beautiful, it was hard to go back to work after walking the girlies on my lunch.  So, I took the opportunity to take a few pictures.  

Check out Millie's hot, slim bod.  That's what 127lbs looks like ladies & gents.

My beautiful Sugar.

Hallie cat basking in the sun.

An overstimulated Piper is tasting my hand.

This evening, I stopped by to visit Chloe (the Mastiff that I know who was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in October 2011).  Chloe is just a touch older than Millie.  I hadn't seen Chloe in at least four years, but this adorable little girl was very welcoming.  As it turns out, her tumor is just a little below where Millie's was, but is on the same leg.  Chloe and Millie are very similar -- not only in looks, but in personality.  I couldn't believe how many similarities they had behavior wise.  It was so nice to visit with somebody who is going through something so similar, and also see how happy Chloe is.

This was my favorite Chloe picture from this evening.  Seriously, look at that adorable nerd!  Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment