(photo credit: Geoffrey Tischman)

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Not Feeling So Hot

Poor Stink isn't feeling too hot.  She doesn't seem to feel terrible, just not like herself.  As suspected, she does have a urinary tract infection (I swear she gets them every 3 months or so) on top of yucky tummy.  She seemed to feel okay this morning besides one bout of "pudding poo."  Lifesaver Nana came by mid-morning to give Millie an extra chance to pee while I was at work.  I know her bladder appreciated it.

Dinner tonight was Purina EN (bland food) with a sprinkle of Baytril tablets.  Not two minutes after she ate, she vomited it all back up again.  Hallie, the ever helpful cat, decided that in that moment it was a great idea to attack Piper - not once, but three times.  Thank you Hallie for keeping me on my toes, you naughty girl!  Anyway, the U of I called in a prescription for Metaclopramide (anti-nausea med) and suggested I feed her dinner over the course of a few smaller meals.  So far, so good.

Tomorrow I plan to try the small meal approach for breakfast & dinner.  At least we have anti-nausea meds to get us through the next few days (and if we need them after the next round of chemo).  

Cross your fingers (& your dog's paws) that Mil starts to feel more like herself.  We don't like sick puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment