(photo credit: Geoffrey Tischman)

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bloodwork & Birthdays

On Monday the 19th, Millie went to U of I for another white blood cell check post chemo.  Last time, we were in and out within 15 minutes.  We walked back into the room and the technician told us that she'd see me at 1:30pm (the chemo pickup time).  Confused, I reminded her that we were only in for bloodwork, and that her chemo appointment wasn't until next week.  Her response, "Nope.  Pretty sure we're doing chest x-rays and the 3rd round of chemo today."  I suggested she check the schedule, because we have an appointment for next Tuesday for chemo.  After going back and forth a bit, she finally realized she was the one mixed up, not me.  Phew.  Talk about a good reminder for me to be on top of things.  Thankfully, they called this time with the results & everything looks great.

Yesterday afternoon I took Millie into work with me.  The building that I work in is also a site for voting during local elections.  As we walked past the employees, one woman said, "What's his name.  Tripod?"  Then, she did this horribly idiotic laugh.  Granted, I get the tripod reference.  I understand that is funny to some people, but I was not pleased.  Nicely I told her that her name was Millie & that she had her leg amputated because of cancer.  Immediately the woman looked embarrassed.  I was very nice, and wasn't trying to be mean, but admittedly I did want her to feel a bit bad for her dumb comment.  Job done.

On a brighter note, we had some puppy dog birthdays to celebrate.  Paco, my nephew (a Yorkie-Poodle mix) had his over the weekend.  Though Sugar loves to play with Paco, Millie is not a fan.  Repeat.  NOT A FAN of him.  Vegas and Freya (two Labs), I like to call them my godpuppies, had their birthdays this week.  My two girlies love Vegas and Freya.  So, they made up this sign to let their friends know how much they love them.
The sign making process took a lot out of them, so they had to nap a little...

Freya & Vegas
Paco "Most Handsome"

No comments:

Post a Comment