(photo credit: Geoffrey Tischman)

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

From 3 Legs to 8

It is official.  My girl is back.  She has had her spunk back for a few days now, but I didn't see the real Millie till yesterday.  What was it that made me say, "she's back"?...none other than humping Sugar.  Yup, you read that right.  When Millie was amped as a four legged dog, I would often catch her cornering Sugar, followed by some mild humping.  Yesterday as I was making dinner I spotted it out of the corner of my eye.  Poor Sugar looked troubled (as always), but it took me a few minutes of laughing before I could lend a hand to Shugs.  Poor thing.  

Millie continues to do very well on three legs.  I have been slowly increasing the distance of our potty walks each day.  She really prefers to go fast, and I think it is because it is easier for her to bounce around at a fast speed.  By the time we get home (maybe half a block walk), she is clearly tired.  She has to really throw that back leg up our one step to get inside.  

At lunchtime today I came home to find the memory foam topper had arrived.  I pulled it out of the box & immediately Hallie was in the box, filling the empty spot.  Luckily Sugar seems to be excited about the memory foam addition to the crib mattress dog bed.  Millie, on the other hand, still doesn't really like to even be near the bed.  Baby steps I guess.  Anyhow, as I was leaving to go back to work I told the girls goodbye & started to tell Millie it was time to go in the crate.  This girl had other thoughts.  She ran to the door & started furiously wagging her tail.  I asked her if she wanted to go to work & she started dancing.  How could I say no to that?!  Off we went with Millie pulling on the end of the leash.  As I was attempting to help her into the back of the car, she jumped in.  JUMPED IN.  JUMPED!  I couldn't believe it.  It wasn't the prettiest jump, but she did it.  This girl was ready to go!  Per usual, she strutted her stuff through the office, accepting kisses & scratches along the way.  

Earlier this week, we got the nicest surprise in the mail - a Tuffies stuffed octopus.  The box came marked with only my address and the words, "Salubrious Day."  Honestly, I didn't notice that part until later, and then had to look up salubrious  *I know, not my finest moment*.  (If you are curious, it means:  favorable to or promoting health or well-being).  I looked and looked for a clue to see who it was from.  Nothing.  I posted a picture to Facebook & asked my friends and family members.  I made Evan swear that he had not sent it.  I called the shipping company with the tracking number.  Nothing.  Finally today I noticed a small piece of paper with a 6 digit code on it.  I called the company back to see if this could help solve the mystery.  Low and behold it did!!  This super generous, fantastic, surprise was sent to us from one of Evan's best friends, Rachel.  I could just melt.  To further explain, I have never met Rachel.  I have never talked to Rachel.  Evan has told me a fair bit about her (& her husband, Blas), so I suspected we would get along just fine when we eventually cross paths...but....  I did not expect such a fantastic gesture of friendship and kindness.  So, if you are reading this, thank you Rachel & Blas.  You made our week!!

Hmm...what is this thing?

Just a little nibble to try it out....

MINE!  I love it, I love it, I looooove it!

Millie's newest buddy

And...this is why it is so hard to get out of bed in the morning

Too sleepy to fend off an octopus attack.

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad you all liked the toy! We've been following Millie's story and wanted to help in some way. We couldn't think of anything better than sending something that would provide fun, comfort, and a constant source of engagement and entertainment. Full confession: My parents' adorable terror of a pitbull cannot live without hers! And our dog Ammo has a goat, which she also adores. And if Millie is going to continue her reign as queen of the bed, then she needs a proper stuffed animal! We are thrilled she's having fun and completely love these pictures!!

    ReplyDelete