(photo credit: Geoffrey Tischman)

Monday, February 6, 2012

Better & Better Each Day

Millie continues to improve each day.  I spent the first part of the day home with her, but went in for a half day of work in the afternoon.  Nana graciously offered to stay with her while I was gone.  All of the girls love Nana time.  In the 4.5 hours I was gone, nobody moved from the cuddle pile in the bed.  We are all lucky to have Nana so close.  

Walking is becoming easier & easier.  She still hasn't mastered squatting, but that seems to be expected.  She also basically poops standing up.  Hey, whatever works.  It will be a week tomorrow since her surgery.  She certainly is not as sore and continues to build muscle in her right rear leg.  

I called U of I to schedule her suture removal & 1st chemo treatment (to be done on the same day).  Her appointment is for 8am on 2/13/12.  I was told to expect to wait around so that I could answer some questions they may have, but that for future appointments, it will basically be a drop off.  Pick up time is around 1:30pm, unless they go through the day quicker.  After each chemo round...something like 10-14 days later?? (honestly I can't remember the date range)...she'll have to go to her regular vet for bloodwork to make sure her white cell count isn't too low.  It is my understanding that chemo will reduce white blood cells, but that it can't get *too* low.  I guess I'll figure that stuff out when the time comes.  I tell you, I have so many words in my vocabulary that I didn't two weeks ago.  

Donna (yes, lifesaver...super fantastic veterinarian friend Donna) came to visit today.  Millie & Sugar were pumped to see her.  She wanted to see how Mil was getting around & also brought some snacks - raw marrow bones.  My girls have never had them before...and...holy mother were they a HUGE hit.  





Hallie is coming to check out why everyone is so excited. 


Look how great her incision looks!


No comments:

Post a Comment