(photo credit: Geoffrey Tischman)

Saturday, February 4, 2012

It Takes A Village

They say it takes a village to raise a child.  I'm beginning to think that while I don't have a child, I have one hell of a village surrounding me.  The past two weeks have been an emotional roller coaster for me, and I couldn't have done it without my family, boyfriend, co-workers & friends.  

Yesterday (2/3/12) was a big turning point.  Millie's appetite returned.  She ate two normal meals of dog food, and subsequently had a normal sized bowel movement. Hooray for poop!  She clearly feels better, is more stable on her feet & the bruising around the incision is fading.  

This is how we spend most of the day...
That face!  Look at that face!  Who wouldn't want to kiss that jowl?

Taken on 2/3/12

BIG kiss!

Piper next to the walking aides.  

A surprise gift basket from her aunties (Ashley, Kristin, Christina & Angelina).  Not pictured -- gift cards for  food, coffee, comfort snacks for mom & a gift certificate for a massage.  Masssssage!!!!

Taken 2/04/12 -- Bruising is fading!  Rice bag heating pack made my Nana :)

Millie showing she can do it on her own.  She's rocking a the Get-A-Grip purchased by my co-workers (Margaret & Dennis, Cindy, Justin, Kate, Mary Kay, Alex, Val, Nicole & another Margaret).

Also from my co-workers.  So pretty.

From my parents, brother, sister-in-law & niece.  Gorgeous color.

We are so lucky to have so many people supporting us.  Each day I have at least one friend & a family member call for Millie updates - and not to forget my veterinarian friends want to make sure she's coping okay & that her pain meds are appropriate.

So, a BIG, big thank you to everyone who is rooting for my baby girl.  We love you & I hope that one day I can re-pay all of your for your kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment